Monday, April 25, 2011

WHICH IS THE GREATER THREAT: FAITH PREACHERS OR THE APOSTATE CHURCH?

I'm confused again!  I'll admit that's not too hard for me, but I've wondered why the fightings against faith preachers while we ignore the mainline denominational heresies.

For example, one of our mainline denominations endorses theological pluralism to the extent that it is sanctioned within the church for pastors to reject belief in a personal God, to reject the need for personal salvation, and to even reject Jesus Christ as the way of salvation.  It further sanctions these teachings as valid options for church members as young as fifth and sixth grade.

So, we fight the faith movement, while ignoring someone who doesn't believe in God or salvation; while ignoring a major church that sanctions non-belief.  Instead of denouncing them we call them 'liberal'.  Well, I'm like Dr. E.V. Hill about that.  "They're not liberal, they're LOST!"

I ask you, who constitutes the greater threat to faith?  The one who tells you there is no God and that you have no need of a savior; or the one who challenges you to believe God for everything you have need of, including health and finances?

I'd rather be wrong about believing that God will heal my body and my finances than wrong about believing that I don't need a savior!  One has earthly consequences, the other eternal!
Let's fight the real enemy! ...and he's not flesh and blood.

AuThor

No comments:

Post a Comment